Second Degree New Student Orientation
Whether this is your first time on campus, or you have been a Texas State student before, we want to make sure that you are well equipped with knowledge about the different resources Texas State has to offer.
Your New Student Orientation will be comprised of a series of web pages followed by a brief quiz to assess your readiness. Upon successful completion, you will be directed to schedule an appointment for academic advising, which will conclude with course registration. Students are not able to set up an Academic Advising appointment until their orientation hold is removed. Removal of the Orientation Hold can take up to 3 business days after your Online Orientation is submitted.
Second Degree New Student Orientation, Online
In order to satisfy your orientation requirement, it is important that you sign up and complete the necessary steps for online orientation, note the timeline below. Complete NSO and academic advising as soon as possible to ensure course registration, financial aid awards and an overall smooth transition to Texas State.
Students Enrolling in Summer Classes
For students beginning classes in June:
- Online Orientation opens February 22, 2018 and must be completed by June 4, 2018.
- Academic Advising appointments are available March 7, 2018 through June 7, 2018.
For students beginning classes in July:
- Online Orientation opens February 22, 2018 and must be completed by July 10, 2018.
- Academic Advising appointments are available March 7, 2018 through July 12, 2018.
Students Enrolling in Fall Classes:
For students beginning classes in August:
- Online Orientation opens February 22, 2018 and must be completed by August 30, 2018.
- Academic Advising appointments are available March 7, 2018 through September 3, 2018.
Second Degree NSO Fee = $60 (Non-refundable)
You should expect a charge of $60 on your tuition bill.