Skip to Content

Frequently Asked Questions — Admitted

Expand or Collapse all.

I’ve been accepted. What do I do now?

We do not require admitted students to formally accept our offer of admission to Texas State. You confirm that you intend to enroll for the term you are admitted by completing the following steps:

For a checklist of what you'll need to do as an admitted student, visit the Your Next Steps web page.

When and how can I apply for in-state residency?

An individual’s residency classification is based on information from his or her admission application. If you are classified as a non-resident and wish to be considered for reclassification as a resident, it is necessary to submit the Core Residency Questions, available from the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. For more detailed information on residency visit the residency web page.

How do I get credit for my AP, Credit by Exam or CLEP courses on my transcript?

For freshmen, contact the Testing Center at 512.245.2276. For transfers, send your official college transcript to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.

I took courses at another college for one semester as a transient student. How do I get those classes on my Texas State transcript?

Contact the Registrar’s office at that college/university and order an official transcript. Have it sent to: Texas State University, Office of Undergraduate Admissions, 429 N Guadalupe St., San Marcos, TX, 78666.

I am a former student. How do I get back into Texas State?

Former students who have been away from Texas State for one long semester or longer must reapply in order to return to Texas State. Applicants must submit an ApplyTexas application for admission, application fee and official transcripts from colleges/universities attended since leaving Texas State.

I need to show proof that I am a full-time student for insurance purposes. How do I get that verification?

The Registrar's Office will provide students with an Official Enrollment Verification Letter after their name appears on the 1st day roster and they have attended their first class. Call 512.245.2367 for more information.

Where do I get an official Texas State transcript?

Official Texas State transcripts can be purchased for $5 at the Registrar’s Office on the 1st floor of the JC Kellam building or you may contact them at 512.245.2367. The transcript request form is also available online.

I need to reset my PIN number. Where do I go?

Instructions can be found by clicking on 'Forgot PIN' on the Texas State Self-Service Login page.

What is the priority deadline for financial aid?

For the Fall and Spring terms, it is March 15. For Summer I and Summer II, it is March 1.

What is TSIP and how do I satisfy that requirement?

TSIP stands for Texas Success Initiative Program. All students who enroll in a Texas public institution of higher education must provide evidence of college readiness in reading, writing and mathematics. Those who earn high SAT, ACT, TAKS or STAAR scores may be exempt from taking the initial TSI assessment. For those students who need to take the TSI assessment, a Pre-Assessment Activity (PAA) must be completed before testing. The PAA helps students understand the importance and process of the assessment as well as developmental education course options. Information about the assessment test, the PAA and exemptions may be found at the Texas State TSI Program’s website. You may also call the TSIP Office at 512.245.3942.

I am a new student and I have an advising hold on my record. How do I release the hold?

In order to release the hold, you must first complete New Student Orientation (NSO) and meet with an academic advisor before you will be allowed to register for classes. If you need further assistance, call 512.245.3655.

I was accepted for one semester (Spring, Fall, Summer), but want to change to another term of entry. What should I do?

Unless you are moving from Summer to Fall or Fall to Summer of the same year, you must complete a new application through ApplyTexas, including repaying the application fee, to request admission for a different semester. You will also be required to adhere to our application deadlines. We may require additional documentation and cannot guarantee that you will be admitted for the new term. If you need assistance planning your transition to Texas State, please call 512.245.2340 and ask to speak with an admission counselor.

How do I make changes or corrections to my personal information after I have submitted my application?

If you have submitted an application or been admitted but not yet enrolled in classes, you may make changes or corrections to your personal information by submitting a completed Personal Information Update Request form to the Office of undergraduate Admissions.

For name, date of birth or social security number changes, complete and submit Personal Information Update Request-Form A. You will be required to provide at least TWO VALID and ORIGINAL forms of identification or notarized copies that show the new information being submitted. The completed form and supporting documents must be mailed or brought in to our office; no fax or e-mail submissions will be accepted.

For changes to your address, phone number, e-mail or major, complete and submit Personal Information Update Request-Form B. This form may be submitted in person or by mail, fax or e-mail.

Prior to enrollment, these forms should be sent to the Processing Department at the Office of Undergraduate Admissions:

ATTN: Processing
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
429 N. Guadalupe
San Marcos, TX 78666
FAX:  512.245.9020

Enrolled students who have registered for classes must submit name, social security number and date of birth changes to the Office of the University Registrar.

Get Adobe Reader