'FRESHMAN YEAR FOR FREE' PROGRAM
The Texas State University System (TSUS) has entered into a partnership with Modern States Education Alliance, a non-profit organization which offers the ‘Freshman Year for Free’ program to Texas college students. TSUS is the first public university system in Texas to support the Modern States initiative.
- What is the Modern States Education Alliance?
- What is the ‘Freshman Year for Free’ program?
- Who can benefit from the Program?
- How does the program work?
- What does Texas State consider to be a passing score on AP and CLEP tests?
- Who can participate in the 'Freshman Year for Free' program?
- How will applicants seeking admission be classified if they have completed 'Freshman Year for Free' courses and received AP/CLEP credit?
- Does participating in the 'Freshman Year for Free' program influence my admission to Texas State?
- Do 'Freshman Year for Free' courses count as dual credit?
- Can a current Texas State student take 'Freshman Year for Free' courses?
- Is there a cost to students?
- Are other universities participating in this program?
- Where can I learn more about the program?
- Will this program impact the quality of higher education in Texas?