You have two options to complete the application fee requirement:
1. ) Pay the application fee online. To pay your application fee now, click here.
2.) Qualify for an application fee waiver by meeting certain criteria. Read the information below to learn more about the waiver and to see if you qualify. Download the fee waiver request form here.
The Office of Undergraduate Admissions charges a non-refundable application fee. Texas State does grant application fee waivers for applicants who meet certain criteria and demonstrate financial need, as outlined below.
The application fee waiver program is designed to cover the cost of applying for admission to Texas State University’s undergraduate programs. Application fee waivers are subject to the approval of the Office of Undergraduate Admissions and are granted based on evidence of financial need. Post baccalaureate and international applicants do not qualify for the fee waiver option and are required to pay the application fee.
You must be a United States citizen, permanent resident or a student identified under Senate Bill 1528 and demonstrate that paying the application fee causes a serious financial hardship. You may be eligible for the application fee waiver if you qualify under one or more of the following options.
- A copy of page 1 of the appropriate income tax form for the semester you are seeking admission. These forms must reflect your total family income at or below the federal economic index for free/reduced lunch eligibility requirements.
Spring 2015 -- 2012 Income Tax form
Summer 2015 -- 2012 Income Tax form
Fall 2015 -- 2013 Income Tax form
OPTION 2 (Choose one and submit documentation):
- Letter from a TRIO program counselor accompanied by supporting documentation that verifies the student meets low income criteria as identified by federal TRIO program guidelines; or
- Official documentation that you live in subsidized public housing, a foster home or are homeless; or
- Official documentation that your family receives public assistance – TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families); or
- A copy of your financial aid transcript from the last college you attended (or are currently attending) indicating full Pell Grant eligibility; or
- Your FAFSA, or TAFSA, Student Aid Report (SAR) indicating a $0 Estimated Family Contribution (EFC); or
- A letter from a caseworker that identifies you as a ward of the state or orphan.
The Application Fee Waiver Request and supporting documents should to be submitted our office via:
Fax: 512.245.9020 or Mail:
Texas State University
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
429 N. Guadalupe St.
San Marcos, TX 78666
Students who qualify for the application fee waiver also qualify to have their housing prepayment deferred by the Department of Housing and Residential Life. For more information about housing prepayment deferral, click here
If you have already submitted your application and would like to pay the fee, click here.