McCoy College of Business Administration
The McCoy College of Business Administration limits enrollment for incoming students. The majors affected include Accounting, Economics, Finance, Management, Marketing and Computer Information Systems.
Consideration for admission to McCoy College is a rolling admission process in which applications are reviewed in chronological order according to the date they were completed. To pursue a bachelor of business administration degree, you must meet the admission requirements of the McCoy College and receive assured admission to Texas State.
Freshmen and Transfers with 1-29 hours
Students with fewer than 30 semester hours will be automatically admitted to the McCoy College if they:
- receive assured admission to Texas State;
- select a first-choice major in the McCoy College of Business;
- achieve one of the following: new SAT (taken after March 2016) score of 1270+, old SAT (taken before March 2016) score of 1200+, ACT score of 27+, or rank in the top 25% of high school graduating class.
Other applicants who have received admission to Texas State will be considered through a competitive review process that is based on high school academic record and SAT or ACT score, or a combination of the two.
Transfers with 30+ hours
To be considered for automatic admission, students with 30 or more semester hours must have completed English 1310, English 1320 and Math 1329 (or their equivalents). These students will be automatically admitted if they:
- receive assured admission to Texas State
- select a first choice major in the McCoy College
- have an overall GPA of 3.25 or higher
Applicants with 30 or more semester hours whose overall GPA is less than 3.25 and equal to or greater than 2.5 will be considered for admission based on a competitive review process using the grades they earned in English 1310, English 1320 and Math 1329 (or their equivalents) and overall GPA from all colleges and universities attended.
Texas State welcomes students who are pursuing a second baccalaureate degree. To apply to the McCoy College of Business Administration second bachelor's visit the link below.