Texas State University Logo



Join the Conversation

adjust type sizemake font smallermake font largerreset font size

Texas State ApplyTexas Specialized Instructions

Graduate Applicants

You are considered a graduate applicant if you have graduated from an accredited post-secondary institution and have received a bachelor’s degree and are seeking any of the following:

  • Master’s or doctoral degree
  • Teacher certification, professional certification, or licensure
  • Texas State University-San Marcos issued certificate
  • Non-Degree seeking applicant who wishes to enroll in course work for personal enrichment, background (leveling) requirements, work related, etc
  • Visiting applicant who is currently pursuing a graduate degree at another institution and wishes to enroll in graduate level courses to be transferred back to their primary college/university

If you're an incoming freshman or seeing Undergraduate instructions, visit our Undergraduate Application Instructions page.