Tours are outdoors and last about an hour and 30 minutes, so wear your walking shoes and dress for the Texas weather! After the tour, you will have an information session to provide students with an overview of the admission process.
Tour space is limited, so we ask that you register in advance before coming to campus. Tour reservations become available about six weeks in advance. If the date you are looking for isn’t available, please check back soon.
Tours are available Monday - Friday at 9 a.m., 11 a.m. & 2 p.m.
If you're bringing 10 or more people, you will need to register for a Large Group Tour.
Tips for a Great Visit
- We recommend that all prospective students register individually.
- Explore campus before you arrive using our fully interactive online campus map.
- Visit campus while classes are in session to get a true feel for what the Texas State experience is like.
- Residence Hall tours are available only during Bobcat Days.
- Your tour will be a walking tour of campus so dress for the weather and wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Not able to attend? You may cancel or reschedule your visit online.
The Texas State Welcome Center welcomes many groups to campus every year. We provide information and campus tours to various large or sponsored groups interested in visiting campus.
Group visits are held most weekdays, year-round. To provide you with the best possible service, we ask that you register your group at least three weeks in advance. One of our Welcome Center specialists will contact you.
We are only able to accommodate up to 80 students, and we require one chaperone per every 10 students attending.