Large Group Tours
Details and Guidelines
Large Group visits for High School groups, Transfer Students and Outreach Programs are available Monday – Friday when the Texas State Welcome Center is open. Group visits are held most weekdays year-round. Tours are not available during TAKS Testing, Spring Break, University Final Exams or university holidays.
To provide you with the best possible service, we ask that you register your group at least three weeks in advance. Once your request is received, our Welcome Center Coordinator will contact you.
We are only able to accommodate up to 80 students and we require 1 chaperone per every 10 students attending.
We strive to accommodate as many requests as possible; but due to staffing limitations, facility size constraints, and scheduling conflicts, we regret that some request may be declined.
Middle School and Junior High Groups
We are unable to accommodate Middle School and Junior High groups with a formal tour through our Welcome Center due to staffing limitations, facility size constraints and scheduling conflicts. However, we encourage you to bring your group to the most beautiful campus in Texas!
If you will be arriving in a bus, please let your bus driver know they will be required to park at Bobcat Stadium after dropping your group off at the LBJ Student Center.
Due to the high traffic of our LBJ Student Center bus loop, any buses left on the bus loop will be towed at the expense of the large group.
As our campus grows, there are continuous construction projects that can impede travel. We ask you to be patient and allow yourself extra time to arrive. To avoid late arrivals, we recommend large groups:
- Plan to arrive early enough to allow plenty of time to unload your buses and time for your students to have a restroom break.
- Consider possible traffic delays and stops that may be required during the trip.
- Let your transportation provider know what time you need to be on campus and go over the timing and schedule for your travel.
Because our office happily invests valuable time and resources to provide large Group Tours, we strongly advise you to email the Welcome Center as soon as possible if you need to reschedule or cancel your Large Group Tour. If you do not call ahead to cancel your Large Group Tour, we are not inclined to reschedule your group in the future.
Tour Guides are prepared to start your tour promptly at your scheduled time.
Late arrivals create a ripple affect in our office thus preventing our Welcome Center from providing the full campus experience because of other commitments and strategic resource availability.
- Chaperones must contact the Welcome Center if they foresee being late for a Large Group Tour.
- Late arriving groups may not be able to participate in all scheduled events.
- If a Large Group is later than 30 minutes, the scheduled campus tour is forfeited. A Self-Guided Tour option will be provided.