Large Group Tours
Details and Guidelines
Large Group visits for High School and Transfer student groups of 10 or more are available Tuesday – Thursday when the Texas State Welcome Center is open. Group visits are held most weeks throughout the year, but tours may be limited or not available during TAKS Testing, Spring Break, University Final Exams, or university holidays.
To provide you with the best possible service, we require that all groups submit a tour request (see link below) at least four weeks in advance. Once your request is received, a Welcome Center Specialist will contact you.
We are only able to accommodate up to 50 students at a time and 1 chaperone is required for every 10 students attending.
While we strive to accommodate as many requests as possible, we regret that some requests may be declined due to staffing limitations and scheduling conflicts.
Elementary, Middle School, and Junior High Groups
We are unable to accommodate Elementary, Middle School, and Junior High groups with a formal tour through our Alumni and Future Student Welcome Center due to staffing limitations, facility size constraints, and scheduling conflicts. However, we encourage you to explore other educational options available on or around our beautiful campus.
If you will be arriving in a bus, please let your bus driver know they will be required to park at Bobcat Stadium after dropping your group off at the LBJ Student Center.
Due to the high traffic of our LBJ Student Center bus loop, any buses left in the bus loop will be towed at the expense of the large group.
As our campus grows, there are continuous construction projects that can impede travel. We ask you to be patient and allow yourself extra time to arrive. To avoid late arrivals, we recommend large groups:
- Plan to arrive early enough to allow plenty of time to unload your buses and time for your students to have a restroom break.
- Consider possible traffic delays and stops that may be required during the trip.
- Let your transportation provider know what time you need to be on campus and go over the timing and schedule for your travel.
Because our office happily invests valuable time and resources to provide large Group Tours, we strongly advise you to email the Welcome Center as soon as possible if you need to reschedule or cancel your Large Group Tour. If you do not call ahead to cancel your Large Group Tour, we are not inclined to reschedule your group in the future.
Tour Guides are prepared to start your tour promptly at your scheduled time.
Late arrivals prevent our Welcome Center from providing the full campus experience due to other commitments and strategic resource availability.
- Chaperones must contact the Welcome Center if they foresee late arrival for a Large Group Tour.
- Groups arriving late may not be able to participate in all scheduled events.
- If a Large Group arrives more than 30 minutes late, the scheduled guided campus tour will be canceled and a Self-Guided Tour option will be provided.